We’re a trendy, award-winning pet grooming studio in Lower Highland, and we’re looking for an experienced, reliable, responsible, and passionate pet stylist to join our rapidly growing shop. We’re mainly looking for dog groomers, but if you’re interested in grooming cats, this is an option too (with certification)!
We’re all about quality—plain and simple. We’re not into unrealistic quotas… that’s just not how we run our shop. What you will be doing is working with elite-level, award-winning, nationally certified (NCMG, CFMG) master groomers every day (don’t let this intimidate you… we love teaching!), so you’ll have the opportunity to learn on the job and push yourself to become the groomer you’ve always wanted to be.
- Experienced. We’re looking for a solid groomer who wants to take their skills to the next level. You don’t need to be certified, but you need to know the basics.
- Driven. You must be focused on being/becoming an outstanding groomer.
- Passionate. You must have a love for the art (yes, I said art) of pet grooming.
About the position
- $45,000 – $80,000 a year (based on experience/performance/certifications)
- This is an employee position not an IC being sold to you as an employee position! This means you’ll get all the benefits that come with being an employee and none of the hassles of being an independent contractor.
- Full-time receptionist—spend your time building relationships with clients and dogs, not on the phone dealing with your schedule.
- Generous sliding commission scale based on experience/performance/certifications.
- Depending on skillset, you may have a groomer’s assistant bathing for you.
- Family-owned & run, warm, fun, supportive workplace.
- Wear your own clothes—express your individual style.
- 5280 Top of the Town winning groom shop (2017).
- We support continuing education, certification, and competition.
- Focus on quality: hand scissoring, hand stripping, and creative styles such as Asian Fusion.
Grooming is a physically active job which requires you to be able to stand, walk, kneel, etc. all day and you must be able to regularly lift and move animals weighing up to 50 lbs.