Before reaching out or stopping by, please visit our update page for current shop info!
Little Brown Dog is a full service pet grooming studio. Owner/Groomer Brooke El-Merrahi is an NCMG (National Certified Master Groomer) and CCE (Certified Canine Esthetician) so no matter the breed, we’ve got you covered.
We’re an appointment-only shop (you can see all our policies related to this right here) that focuses on straight-through1 grooming to reduce stress on pets and to get them back to you as fast as possible. We also strive to be as environmentally sustainable as possible so all grooming is towel-free2 along with a bevy of other green measures.
Our prices use breed standards (size, weight, and coat type) to determine the following categories.3 We’ve got an à la carte menu so pick and choose services to your heart’s content.
: Cairn Terrier, Fox Terrier (Wire), Lhasa Apso, Maltese, Pomeranian, Poodle (Toy & Miniature), Shih Tzu, Yorkie, and other dogs of like size and coat type.
: Beagle, Bedlington Terrier, Bulldog, Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Cocker Spaniel, Miniature Doodle, Tibetan Terrier, and other dogs of like size and coat type.
: Airedale, American Eskimo, Boxer, Doodle (Small Standard), Kerry Blue Terrier, Labrador, Poodle (Small Standard), Wheaten Terrier, and other dogs of like size and coat type.
: Australian Shepherd, Black Russian Terrier, Bouvier, Doodle (Large Standard), German Shepherd, Golden Retriever, Siberian Husky, Poodle (Large Standard), and other dogs of like size and coat type. Also included at this level are “XL Short-Coated Breeds” like Mastiff and Great Dane.
: While we would love to take every dog that comes to us (truly!), the reality is our shop is extremely small, and very very busy so we can no longer accommodate large, full-coated breeds such as Bernese Mountain Dog, Caucasian Shepherd Dog, Chow Chow, Great Pyrenees, Malamute, Newfoundland, Samoyed, St. Bernard, Tibetan Mastiff, etc. Sorry for any inconvenience!
A Note About Bearded Collies
Due to the amount of labor required and the variability in their grooming needs, beardies are charged on an hourly basis.
Bath & Brush
This is the foundation of all our services. Every pet that comes into Little Brown Dog gets a Bath & Brush. This is the only “required” service. Everything else is à la carte.
Your dog will be treated to a luxurious berry facial as well as a full body massage while being bathed using Pure Paws sulfate-free shampoo. After the bath, ears are cleaned and nails are filed short. Finally, your dog is hand-dried and completely brushed out.
Additional charges may apply for mat removal, behavioral issues, or ectoparasites.
$49.50 • $70 • $94 • $115.25
Haircut pricing is in addition to the cost of a Bath & Brush. The Bath & Brush is a required service.
For breeds that might not need a full body haircut (Pomeranians, Goldens, Aussies, etc) but can use a bit of trimming to tidy up their profile.
$33.50 • $33.50 • $33 • $34.75
This is an easy to maintain haircut and is perfect for an active pet. The Basic is 1″ all over, with your choice of length on head, ears and tail.
$48.50 • $47.50 • $62.25 • $63.75
With a bit more shape than The Basic, The Intermediate is great for someone who wants a bit more flash. It includes bodies up to 1.5″ with hand scissored leg flair. Head, ear, and tail trim of your choice.
$64.75 • $63.50 • $92.50 • $101.25
When you want an out of the ordinary haircut, it’s time to whip out The Advanced.
Advanced haircuts are always performed by certified master stylists and are limited only by your imagination. Examples include full hand scissors (bodies 1.5″ or longer), Asian Fusion, and hand stripping.
Please feel free to bring in photos of what you’re looking for or discuss options and ideas with your stylist.
$83+ • $83+ • $125+ • $209+(strict 3-4 week required)
Hand stripping is a specialty service and is a labor of love. Brooke is a nationally award-winning hand stripping groomer so these appointments are in high demand and by waiting list only.
Important Things to Know About Our Hand Stripping Service
- All prospective hand stripping clients must schedule a 1 hour preliminary appointment in which their dog will be groomed and evaluated (temperament and coat) to see if they are a good candidate for hand stripping at our shop.
- Due to the very specific nature of hand stripping, all hand strip dogs must be on a 4 week or less schedule. *No exceptions.*
- Since our hand stripping appointments fill out far in advance, we strongly suggest you book your 6 months out as soon as the next month begins.
- Hand stripping is an extremely variable service, so we charge hourly and times may vary from appointment to appointment depending on coat condition.
At this time, we are only accepting the following breeds for preliminary appointments
Border terrier, Norfolk terrier, Norwich terrier, Parson/Jack Russell terrier, Welsh terrier, Glen of Imaal terrier, Dandie Dinmont terrier, Lakeland terrier, and Wirehaired dachshund. We also accept natural backed sporting dogs such as English cockers, Irish setters and English setters.
LUX Nail Trim/Grinding (*day of* appointment required Mon, Fri, Sat)
We generally don’t clip nails, we grind them using a rotary tool (like a Dremel). This results in a smooth rounded nail that won’t scratch you or your floors. *incudes optional pad cream upon request
But wait, there’s more! A subtle benefit of grinding nails is that with each treatment, your dog’s quick will move back slightly. You’ve got to have the nails trimmed regularly (every two weeks or so) for this to be really noticeable, but it’s pretty amazing how short you can get your pup’s nails without ever causing them any pain or discomfort.
$30+ (à la carte) • nails are included in all bath/grooming services
A deep, yet gentle, deshedding treatment. Our staff will get built-up undercoat and dead hair out, which means better skin circulation for your dog and less hair on the couch for you.
If your pup’s got a dry, itchy coat, a deep conditioning is the perfect remedy. Let us soak them in a warm conditioning treatment and they’ll come back to you with a soft, hydrated coat–and will smell divine to boot.
We use an extremely gentle sulfate free oatmeal shampoo that works wonderfully for most dogs, but if your pup has extra-sensitive skin, let us know and we’ll help ease their discomfort in a hypoallergenic or salicylic acid bath.
Dental Health Treatment
Ahhh, the joys of brushing your dog’s teeth… no better way to spend an evening. So let us handle it. They’ll get clean teeth, better breath (sorry we can’t fix the impossible) and their own toothbrush and enzymatic pet toothpaste in the bargain!
- Straight-through grooming simply means we’re appointment-based. You drop your pet off with us and we get to work on them immediately… which means they won’t be kenneled for hours awaiting a bath or haircut. Generally, the only time your pet will be kenneled is when they’re awaiting pickup.
Important Note: Little Brown Dog is 100% appointment-based so we ask clients to pick pets up in a timely manner. ↩
- For us, “towel-free” grooming means we use a single synthetic drying chamois per pet instead of multiple cotton towels. Why is this a big deal? Mainly because a drying chamois gets your pet dry faster so we need to use the force dryer (basically a big hairdryer) less. This results in much lower stress for your pet and less wasted electricity. If you’re interested, you can read even more about towel-free grooming and our progression toward becoming a fully environmentally sustainable business. ↩
- The prices on this website are guidelines. If your dog falls above or below the national breed club standard, prices may be adjusted. These prices also assume your dog is groomed on a regular basis, so prices will vary depending on coat condition (overgrowth and matting) as well as temperament. On average, grooms longer than 8 weeks between visits require a non-optional “Extra Drying Time” that is added on an as needed basis to be able to plan accordingly (see 1 above) ↩
You must be logged in to post a comment.