Our main focus is and will always be providing exceptional, stress-free grooming services. The exceptional bit is accomplished by our amazing groomers and Master Groomers (NCMG & CMFG). The stress-free bit is more complicated and is the basis for many of these policies.
Please don’t let all these details freak you out. We want everyone to know where we’re coming from and why we have these policies in place. If you don’t care about any of that stuff, just click the tl;dr link for the basic info.
Flexible Closing Hours
Since we’re an appointment-only shop, our closing time varies based on what we have booked for the day. It’s generally around 5:30 or 6:00. Please call or text us at (720) 588-8523 to make sure we’re here.
Late Drop Off
We need to run a very tight ship when it comes to scheduling. Therefore, if you arrive 15 minutes past your appointment, you’ll need to reschedule.
We understand this may cause an inconvenience, but if we were to take clients who show up more than 15 minutes late, our grooming quality would have to sharply decrease to get more done in less time (which would also add stress to your pet’s visit) and that’s not something we’re willing to do.
We have a system in place so your pets are literally getting their bath right after you drop them off and are able to stretch their legs unkenneled once they’re done.
Scheduled pickup times are what make this work.
Since dogs from different families cannot intermingle, there’s a limit to how many pets can be unkenneled at one time. The way we handle this is to schedule roughly 15 minutes of kennel-free time after their grooming is done. After that, they’re kenneled.
To make things run super smoothly, we really appreciate pickups within 15 minutes of groom completion. If this isn’t possible, we ask that you pick pets up within 2 hours to avoid late pickup fees.
This is what we do to make sure you know your pickup time:
- We’ll let you know when your pet’s grooming will be done at drop off. This is your pickup time.
- We start our reminder calls and texts 15 minutes before the 2 hour mark or 30 minutes before close if your pet is one of the last appointments of the day. This is to help you avoid late fees. We really don’t like charging late fees.
- If you schedule an appointment for the end of the day, we’ll let you know you’ll need to pick your pet up before closing and that there will be a compressed pickup window.
- We do all this so pickup times are never a surprise.
These are our late pickup fees:
- There are no extra fees if you pickup within two hours after your pet’s grooming is completed.
- If a pet is picked up after 2 hours, there’s a $20 “late pickup” fee automatically added.
- Every additional hour after that will add $10 on top of the $20 “late pickup fee”.
- The last pet(s) of the day must be picked up within 30 minutes of completion or will incur a $20 “late pickup fee”.
- If a pet isn’t picked up by our posted closing time, there will be an additional $50 hourly charge per pet to cover the costs of keeping the shop open late (we have to keep staff on the clock, etc). This is on top of any of the above fees incurred.
No-shows are subject to an additional fee per pet. The fee is 50% of the cost of the missed groom and will be added to your next appointment. Depending on the frequency of the issue, pre-payment may be required before another appointment is booked. We understand that emergencies happen and will work with you whenever possible.
Hand stripping is a specialty service and is a labor of love. Melissa is a Best in Show, nationally award-winning hand stripping groomer so these appointments are in high demand.
Important Things to Know About Our Hand Stripping Service
- All prospective hand stripping clients must schedule a 1 hour preliminary appointment in which their dog will be groomed and evaluated (temperament and coat) to see if they are a good candidate for hand stripping at our shop.
- Due to the very specific nature of hand stripping, all hand strip dogs must be on an 8 week or less schedule. No exceptions.
- Since our hand stripping appointments fill out far in advance, we suggest you book your year out as soon as the year is open (usually in October of the preceding year).
- If your schedule doesn’t allow you to book the year out, we strongly suggest you make your next appointment at pickup to avoid any scheduling issues.
- Hand stripping is an extremely variable service, so we charge hourly. Times will vary from appointment to appointment depending on coat condition.
At this time, we are only accepting the following breeds for preliminary appointments: border terrier, Norfolk terrier, Norwich terrier, cairn terrier, Parson/Jack Russell terrier, Welsh terrier, Glen of Imaal terrier, Dandie Dinmont terrier, Lakeland terrier, and wirehaired dachshund. We also accept natural backed sporting dogs such as English cockers, Irish setters and English setters.
Dematting is a time consuming process that, depending on the severity of the matting, can be painful as well. We all love long and fluffy coats, but for the well-being of our pet-clients, we reserve the right to refuse this service if we deem the matting too severe or if there are behavioral issues that make dematting dangerous.
Things to Know About Dematting
- It’s an emotionally challenging process for most pets.
- If a pet repeatedly comes in matted, we will not continue to offer our dematting services.
- We will never cut/shave down a pet without the consent from the person who drops the pet off.
- If we feel your pet needs to be shaved down but you choose not to let us do it, we will happily give you a brush out lesson free of charge so you can take them home and attempt to demat them yourself.
- Please note that if you decide to do this you’ll need to reschedule your appointment and if the pet is still matted when they come back, your only option will be a shave down.
To repeat, we offer FREE brush out lessons for all our clients, as many times as you need them. Our goal is to work with you to find the haircut that best suits your pet and your lifestyle!
We pride ourselves on the wonderful positive relationships we build with our clients (both human and pet). However, in some cases, there are behavioral issues we must contend with. In some of these situations a pet may incur a handling charge if they show serious reactivity.
In these more serious cases, we will have two employees working together to increase the safety of the pet and to help them learn to trust the grooming process. The handling charge is simply to cover the cost of two employees working on a pet that would normally require only one.
Our ultimate goal is to work with the pet and get them comfortable enough that they can be groomed without the help of a second groomer. We have many cases where this works out, but there is no guarantee that it will. Behavioral issues are always on a case-by-case basis.
tl;dr, AKA, just the facts ma’am
- Late drop offs. If you arrive 15 minutes or more past your appointment you’ll need to reschedule.
- Pickups. Picking up within 15 minutes of grooming completion is super appreciated!
- Late pickups. Anything after 2 hours will incur extra fees based on how late the pickup is.
- No-shows. No shows will incur a fee of 50% of the cost of the missed groom and will be added to your next visit.
- Hand stripping. Please see the hand stripping section above.
- Dematting. Pets with severe or chronic matting may be refused our dematting service.
- Behavioral issues. Pets with behavioral issues may incur a handling fee.